Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Day 2

Woke up this morning around 7:30, thinking "i probably didnt need that last labatt blue last night". After a bowl of life cereal some coffee and oj I was off on my way. Made it out of Pittsburgh without trying to attempt another u-turn in the street with the uhaul. Which i unsuccessfullly attemPted yesterday and ended up causing a traffic jam. Ohio was a pretty boring state to drive through, then Indiana wasn't much better. Luckily I had Some books on tape to keep me occupied. Side note- what is it about highway rest areas that makes you crave roy rogers fried chicken and hardees burgers? Seriously i wouldnt eat that shit if I was starving, but put me on a toll road and tempt me with that and ill want to stop every 40 miles.
I timed it perfectly so I could hit Chicago right between the hours of 4pm and 6 pm. What a pain in the ass that was. I Stopped for some deep dish pizza for dinner which was delicious and forged onward. Around 9:00 in Janesville Wisconsin I decided to call it a night and am currently hanging out in a dirtbag motel 6. Early start tomorrow. I wont set a goal since I came up 50 miles short today (chicago traffic). Hopefully I'll start getting into some cool scenery to tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment