Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Day 1

Today I began the journey for the next chapter of my life. I left the only real job I've had since graduating from college to start an exciting new opportunity in Alaska. Oh yea I'm also moving 3,500 miles away from the family and friends I have known for the first 30 years of my life. I have to admit I'm a bit nervous, and sad to be moving so far away, but at the same time I'm really excited. I've always been someone who seeks adventure and new exciting experiences and this feels like the right thig for me. Anyways I left the Exton Pa this morning with my Jeep and a 4x8' Uhaul trailer on tow containing most of my positions (minus all my furniture). But who needs furniture when youre living in an igloo right?! It was a perfect fall day fpr my drive through Pennsylvania. As I drove past the Shippensburg exit I thought of a lot of good college memories, and also holy sh*t! Has it really been 11 years since I started college!! As I continued west I was thankful the jeep was holding up so well. I made it to Pittsburgh and stayed with a couple friends there. It was good to see them and catch up over some beers, fondue and scrabble. Tomorrow will be a long day I'm hoping to make it to Madison Wisconsin. That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment