Tuesday, November 8, 2011

All moved in

So we got about a foot of snow here over the weekend. Pretty sweet. Its really weird though because they just don't plow the roads. Like all the snow just gets compacted down into a really slippery layer of snice (snow-ice). I've asked people what the deal with plowing is and they're always like oh yea they come but it takes a while. There must be two snowplows for the entire city. Everyone just deals woth it though, in New Jersey i'm quite certain it would be a state of emergency, cars would be flipping over and crashing into buildings (seriously); and chris christie would be telling people to get the hell off the beach.

Anyways that leads into my next story which is moving my shit into my new apartment today. I reserved a uhaul cargo van for 4 pm for 4 hours. Te uhaul store closes at 7 pm, so I had 3 hours to get over to my friends garage, pack my stuff, get to my apartment, unload and return the van. I asked the girl if I could leave my jeep there and she said yes just move by 6am. So then I asked if I could return truck aftet hours, she said no. Great. Now I really have to get this done in 3 hours or Ill be screwed. So i pull out of the lot and obvi the tires are spinning like crazy on the UNPLOWED roads and the f-ing van fishtales when I finnaly got out of the lot. After that every time I tried to accelerate the back wheels started sliding into the next lane over...good thing I got the damage waiver.....i get to my friends house and go to back the van into the driveway and the POS gets stuck in the snow. And of course like 2 cars decided to turn down the street at that exact moment. So I'm trying to get unstuck and the people are just sitting intheir cars watching. Uh hi dont mind me, the asshole from NJ who tries to do a 3 point turn with a cargo van in a foot of snow. Anyways i got instuck ad deove down to the culdesac to turn around. As I'm driving down the slight hill into the culdesac I realize its all incompacted snow and as im driving into it im thinking ohhh fudgeeee. Stuck again. i got unstuck from the culdesac and had to basically idle up the hill to get back to my friends house. So let me try this whole backing in thing from the other direction. Oh sure enough. Stuck again. At this point Im gettin really irritated with this stupid van and of course more cars are waiting to get down the street. Two people actually got out and pushed for me which was nice. So i hurridly packed up the van and headed towards my apt. I plled in to back into my carport and sure enough the shitty van got stuck again. So I pulled forward and at this point thought I dont give a shit if i smash itto the concrete pillar, cuz i got the damage waiver. So i gunned it and turned the wheel fast and amazingly ended up right where I wanted to e. now i dont know about all of you ( the three people who actually read this blog) but I hate moving. Soo much. When im unloading a car I always try to carry as much stuff as possible so i can make the least amount of trips. But anytime I drop something or get snagged on something it raises my irritation level. And it seemed to be happening every single trip inside. Plus in trying to beat the clock so i cant take a break. I finished unloading the van at 620 and was thinking. Ok sweet. I can make it back by 7. So i put it in drive pull out of the cArport and boom. $&""?! Stuck again! Im like sweaty and irritated and hungry at this point. So i find a snow shovel. Dig out the tires gun it back in reverse the gun it forward and try to turn out of the alley and boom. Stuck again. I was literally ready to set the van on fire at that point. Then this guy leans out his window and says hey dude you wat me to tow you out. I was like yes! So he gets his jeep and is like anyolaceto hook this strap up? And im thinking who gives a shit? Damage waiver! So we got the van unstuck again. and now i had to go up the big ass hill. First attempt no good, had to back it down. Second attemot gunned it. Gt like 80% up and started sliding backwards with a car behind me. He got out of the way fast and i turned down an alley and floored it up the less steep hill, fishtail around the corner and ahh im back to a main street. i made it back to uhaul with 5 min to spare. I said to the girl working there that that cargo van is worthless in the snow. She told me it had studded tires. Which i find hard to believe. But then as the guy who checked in the van was trying to park it, it got stuck. Ahh vindication.

I headed over to the peanut farm for some hot wings and to watch the eagles blow the game with a totally unnecessary fake punt. Nice play calling andy. But the wings were really good and at least im all moved in. My hands are tired from typing o. This stupid phone so that all for now lids. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment